Garda Vetting & CPO
TUSLA Child and Family agency
Children First ACT 2015
When dealing with children under the age of 18 or people of any age who are to be considered vulnerable all SIFA clubs should have a child protection officer in place, this person is to be Garda Vetted and have the appropriate Child protection qualifications in place.
This also applies to any person in the club who is involved in the training or instruction of children or vulnerable people.
To facilitate the process of Garda Vetting please find following the necessary form to fill for applications.
The process is the following:
- The applicant is to fill in the form in the attachment and send it to the SIFA child protection officer as was the case before.
- The Child protection officer will check that all of the applicants information is complete and then send it on to the Garda Vetting office (GVO).
- The GVO will then contact the applicant via E mail and supply them with a personal ID number and questionnaire.
- The applicant will then have to fill in the questionnaire with their personal details and ID number and return it via E mail to the Garda Vetting authorities.
- After the vetting procedure is complete the GVO will contact the SIFA child protection officer and inform them that the application has been approved.
- This approval will be kept on file by the SIFA child protection officer.
- Any payments are to be sent by cheque made payable to 'Irish Vetting Services' with your application NO CASH the cost is € 15.00 per applicant.
Child Protection Officer
7 Bolton Street,
Clonmel, E91 DH63